Skip to content
Notice of Tender : Rhodes Memorial Tea Garden in the Groote Schuur Estate in TMNP
- The Opportunity: Management and operation of a quaint, heritage Tea Garden in Groote Schuur Estate.
- Size of building: The tea room is situated in a heritage stone cottage with an outside terrace. It comprises a main building, two outer buildings, a kitchen, three toilets (one toilet to be available for public use), septic tank, catch pit, three phase electricity, shed, car port as well as a fountain: 2 147 square meters. Seating capacity including terraces are approximately 120 seats. Parking bays allocated to the tea room is 50.
- Equipment: The facility is equipped with some of the necessary items such as garden tables (11 round and 1 square tables) and cupboards. Bidders are responsible for their own equipment.
- Refurbishment of building: SANParks is undertaking basic repairs on the building (i.e. roof thatching, carpentry, plumbing and electrical works) so the new bidder can concentrate on the operation and management of the tea room.
- Activities : The Tea Garden and certain permitted functions i.e. birthday parties, Xmas Carols and weddings etc.
- Responsibilities: The effective management of the Tea Garden rendering high quality standards in food and beverages with the accompanying responsibilities such as training of personnel, purchasing and control of stock, record keeping, generating of monthly reports and reporting to SANParks on a quarterly basis.
- Term: One year with an option to extend up to a maximum of five years. A contract will be drawn up with the successful respondent - starting (preferably) 1 July 2010. Please note that SANParks has a long term plan for the Groote Schuur Estate whereby a longer term contract will be required. This opportunity will be readvertised by SANParks at an appropriate time after the initial short term contract has expired.
- Proposal and C.V.: Respondents must submit a proposal that includes a monthly rental income and /or a percentage of turnover offering to SANParks and full credentials to the postal address or email or fax number mentioned below.
- Site visit: Friday,14 May 2010 at 11am at Rhodes Memorial tea room.
- Closing date / time for proposals : Friday, 11 June 2010 at 12h00.
- Contact Details:
- Address : The Manager, P.O.Box 37, Constantia, 7848
- E-mail and enquiries to : email@example.com
- Fax : (021) 701 8773
Below please find documents that outline details on the opportunity: