- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Agulhas National Park
The region has a Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters.
The mean annual air temperature is 15°C, while the annual rainfall varies between 400- 600mm, with 60 – 70% of the precipitation occurring between May and October. Sea temperatures average between 21°C in summer and 14°C in winter. The region is the coldest during June when the mercury drops to 7°C on average during the night.
Prevailing winds blow from the southeast in the summer and the northwest in the winter.
- Visit the lighthouse museum in L’Agulhas.
- The Wild Card unfortunately does not include the entrance fee to the Cape Agulhas Lighthouse.
- Week days: 08:00 - 17:00
- Saturdays 08:00 - 13:00
- Some businesses close between 13:00 and 14:00 for lunch, and many are closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
Banks & Foreign Exchange
Most banks have branches in Bredasdorp. Normal banking hours are weekdays 09:00 - 15:30, Saturdays 09:00 - 11:00. ATM’s are available in Bredasdorp, L’Agulhas and Struisbaai. Foreign exchange can be arranged at bank branches as well as Harvey World Travel in Bredasdorp: Tel: +27 (0) 28 424-2821.
On the day of arrival occupation can be expected by 14:00 but not guaranteed, on the day of departure accommodation must be vacated by 10:00.
- Inventory: All accommodation is equipped with crockery, cutlery, cooking, utensils, bedding, towels & soap. Each accommodation unit has a braai-area outside.
- Housekeeping: Prior to your arrival, your chalet is clean and furnished with fresh linens and towels. Daily housekeeping is included except for washing of dishes. Linen will be changed every 2—3 days; towels will be changed every day if so required.
- Keys: Keys must be returned to reception on check out. Lost and damaged keys will be charged for.
- Pets are not allowed in a national park.
- No vehicles are allowed on the beach.
- No person may drive off the existing roads - it is both illegal and damaging.
- No person is allowed to gather wood inside the park boundaries.
- No person may remove any rocks or plant from the park.
- No day visitor’s facilities are currently available in the park.
- Motorcycles are allowed in the park.
- Vehicle repairs, post office, medical and police services are available at L’Agulhas and/or Struisbaai.
- Lost & Found: For assistance in tracing lost articles contact our reception desk on +27 (0) 28 435-6068. Handling charges, postage & packaging will be charged for return of belongings left behind.
+27 (0) 28 435-1187
NSRI 30 Sea Rescue (Agulhas)
+27 (0) 28 435-7777
General Medical Practitioner
+27 (0) 28 435 7130
+27 (0) 28 435-6913
Poison Information Centre (All hours)
+27 (0) 931-6129
- For enquiries, e-mail Agulhus National Park, or People and Conservation or phone us on the following numbers:
Tel: +27 (0)28 435 6222
Fax: +27 (0)28 435 6225
- Emmerentia De Kock: e-mail or tel: +27(0) 28 435 6078
- Derick Strydom: Tourism Manager
tel: +27(0) 28 435 6078
- Park Manager: Agulhas National Park
PO Box 120
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
13°C / 25°C