How to get there
- The park is situated in the Waterberg mountain range in the Limpopo Province (formerly Northern Province) near Thabazimbi, approximately 250km north of Johannesburg, in a malaria-free area.
- Driving distances to Marakele: from Gauteng is 4 hours and from Tshwane 3 hours.
- Travellers can take either:
- the N1 to Bela-Bela (Warmbaths) and from there follow the R516 via Mabula and Leeupoort to Thabazimbi
- or travel to Brits and follow the R511 via Beestekraal to Thabazimbi.
- The office is approximately 12km from Thabazimbi crossing on the road from Thabazimbi to Alma.
- People in sedan vehicles might find the road conditions in certain areas of the park (main road) a bit challenging but the park is working on the major road revamp and the information will be updated as soon as the new development has been completed.
- Travelling times inside the park to get to any accommodation facility is between 07:OO and 18:OO and strictly no driving after 18:OO.
S 24º 31.860' and E 27º 29.896'
- Gate opens at 06:00 and closes at 18:00 - 1st Sept to 30th April
- Gate opens at 06:00 and closes at 17:30 - 1st May to 31st August
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?